Date and Time
Coming up in 2020:
- 24-26 June
- 26-28 August
- 26-28 October
- 8-10 December
Each course runs for 2.5-hour virtual training room sessions over three consecutive days from 9.30 AM to 12.00 AM
Workshop per person $ 575.00 (excl. GST).
1. Needs Analysis
2. Competence Assessment
3. Work Practices Profiler
Virtual Training Room
Hit the Ground Running…- Series
Negotiated Work Practices for Culturally Diverse (and remote) Teams
Map – Bridge – Integrate
We facilitate virtual training workshops for professionals and/or teams who have a need to achieve better results while operating and leading across cultures in a multicultural and globalised world.
We use virtual class room software to allow for the required interactiveness between facilitator and participants, and participants among each other: as that is were part of the learning takes place!
We build on existing cultural knowledge to map the cultural differences. We practice communication skills to bridge the differences and develop competence to implement work practices to close the gaps.
Our programs assist participants dealing with for example challenges while leading across cultures, working in multicultural and remote teams and applying intercultural communication.
Please scroll down to learn more.
Leadership in the 21st century requires a global mindset. Learn the business skills and develop the intercultural competence that you need to lead anyone, anywhere.
Negotiated Work Practices for Culturally Diverse and Remote Teams
Join your professional peers in our one-day program focusing on developing intercultural skills and culturally appropriate work practices for effective intercultural interactions with culturally diverse and or virtual teams. Success in this context requires being able to understand the impact of culture in workplaces, especially the impact on work practices such as leading, deciding, evaluating, trusting, and communicating, and how we can better manage the cooperation between people from different cultural backgrounds in teams and/or projects in order to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate across cultures.
This course aims too enhance the cultural know-how, recognise attitudes, and understanding different work practices across cultures and with help of developing intercultural communication skills, participants will be able to resolving cultural dilemmas by exploring and developing culturally appropriate work practices, and thus increasing the performance.
- Understand the value of CQ for effective work relationship;
- Understand unique cultural differences that impact attitude, values and behaviour in teams;
- Recognise intercultural different work and communication practices;
- Develop communication skills and intercultural competence to enhance effective business interactions;
- Apply strategies for dealing effectively with cultural challenges and develop plans and negotiate practices to deal with the differences.
- Measure and develop your intercultural competence (Personal Profile and Action plan included).
- Cultural Awareness Fundamentals.
- Identify and deal with specific situations where conflicts or challenges may occur.
- Impact of culture on managing people and leadership styles.
- Mapping: understand the implications of actions through cultural mapping.
- Bridging: practice Intercultural communication skills.
- Integrate: develop a reconciliation process and align practices to effectively deal with cultural challenges.
- Practices to enhance communication and collaboration.
- Action planning to develop the Intercultural Competence for leading across cultures.
Training workshop in a professional virtual environment.
Required pre-work includes completing two on-line tools: the Training Needs Analysis, and the Intercultural Competence self-assessment (upon completion we email your confidential Intercultural Competence Profile). You will receive instructions via email after registration.
Workshop $ 575.00 (excl. GST).
Payment one week prior to the course by credit card, cheque or direct payment to: Culture Resource Centre Pty Ltd. (ABN 47086223672) to CBA Bank BSB 06 2217 and Account 10254418.
Cancellations – we refund (less $ 45.00 GST admin fee) for cancellations received by email at least 7 days prior to the course.
Sydney Time Zone
What our Participants said:
“I truly do find the knowledge I gained in the program to be very valuable in my daily interactions across Asia Pacific’s myriad of cultures. I very often find myself thinking about the hierarchical cultures and modifying my response or expectations accordingly hasn’t failed me yet” – Asia Pacific Director, HewlettPackard.
“I must say I found the lessons I learned from your course very useful – they helped me to understand the dynamics of the communications, and I believe the outcomes were very positive” Manager, Suncorp
After 15 years of working and dealing with the Japanese the country orientation finally provided me with an understanding of what was going on. I have recommended this program to my Managing Director”. Export Manager, Sara Lee Asia Pacific.