Multicultural and virtual teams working towards a shared goal while dealing with cultural, time and geographical differences.
A Proven Approach
- Our ‘Dispersed Team and Shared Goals’ programs for onsite and virtual teams program are designed to meet the needs of organisations seeking to optimise their ability to operate effectively within a multicultural and global environment.
- The program assists in developing the collaboration skills necessary to ensure that culturally diverse and remote teams overcome cultural, geographical and time differences and work effectively towards common goals and business outcomes.
- Before designing our training program for your organisation, we engage in fact finding to address the specific level of cultural skills, competence and practices that needs to be achieved.
- We use our on-line Training Needs Analysis©, focus groups or interviews with management to get an in-depth knowledge of the challenges and issues.
Cultural Map© Work Practices Self-assessment
- As part of the cultural mapping exercise, participants will be asked to complete an on-line survey to define their personal preferences and to compare with the country preferences of their culturally diverse colleagues.
- A thorough understanding of one’s own preferences about for example practices such as decision making, feedback, trusting and motivating will be invaluable when we analyse the impact of culture in cross country comparisons.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Break down cultural barriers by finding and emphasising areas of similarity, whilst appreciating cultural sensitivity and relevant cultural differences.
- Analyse the effectiveness of current communication technologies (emails, phone, teleconference, and videoconference), and identify any issues in current communication methods. Explore current communication issues that are being directly faced by the team.
- Develop action plans for improving team communication and team management to Influence outcomes, drive commitment and results from remote team and/or colleagues.
- Develop work practices for working in and managing multicultural teams focussing on shared accountability for timeframes, deliverables and quality.
- Clarify the responsibilities and accountabilities of team members in different locations, and their contribution to making the virtual team successful.
- Cultural Awareness Fundamentals
- Intercultural Communication skills
- Culturally Diverse Leadership Styles
- Effective Multicultural Teams Practices
- Country specific information – Ongoing knowledge development
Other in-house topics and modules that deliver outcomes:
- Cultural Capability and Competencies
- Applying Intercultural Communication
- Dispersed Team and Shared Goals
- Business Across Cultures
- Leadership Across Cultures
- Outsourcing and Off-Shoring
Or contact us to discuss your requirements.
Book an experienced public speaker for your next event with Culture Resource Centre.
We have got you covered with engaging and knowledgeable speakers.