Achieving objectives through developing alignments between stakeholders and managing the impact of cultural challenges on business dealings.
A Proven Approach to Outsourcing & Offshoring
- The ‘Outsourcing and Offshoring’ programs focus on organisations that are either already outsourcing or off-shoring parts of their operations or are thinking about doing it.
- Reduced cost of operations is one of the reasons, however skills shortage and access to qualified staff, consolidation of operations, and the phasing out of ‘repetitive’ are also important.Considering the time and cost involved in planning, implementing and managing successful outsourcing and off-shoring projects, the results seem rather limited. The focus is primarily on procedures, processes and service level agreements; challenges in collaboration, communication and engagement are often of secondary concern, but according to research these are the major reason for ‘underperforming’ projects.
- Our program is designed to create an environment for successful collaboration, communication and engagement across cultures: we focus on developing work practices for successful outsourcing and off-shoring.
- Before designing our training program for your organisation, we engage in fact finding to address the specific level of cultural skills, competence and practices that needs to be achieved.
- We use our online Training Needs Analysis©, focus groups or interviews with management to get an in-depth knowledge of the challenges and issues.
Cultural Map© – Work Practices Self-assessment
- As part of the cultural mapping exercise, participants will be asked to complete an online survey to define their personal preferences and to compare with the country preferences their colleagues are originating from.
- A thorough understanding of one’s own preferences about for example practices such as decision making, feedback, trusting and motivating will be invaluable when we analyse the impact of culture in cross country comparisons and how to manage culturally diverse staff.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Break down cultural barriers by finding and emphasising areas of similarity, whilst appreciating cultural sensitivity and relevant cultural differences
- Understand the impact of cultural value orientations on the effectiveness of collaboration and team work
- Ability to interact, work, manage and lead effectively within a multicultural environment. Create a collaborative environment that influences outcomes, drive commitment and results
- Develop workplace practices for communication, collaboration and engagement
- Analyse the effectiveness of current communication technologies (emails, phone, teleconference, and videoconference), and identify any issues in current communication methods
- Setting single, achievable goals, building formal networks, and enabling employees to create informal networks.
- Cultural Awareness Fundamentals
- Understanding the challenges of cultural differences in outsourcing and off-shoring
- Managing outsourcing and off-shoring projects
- Practices for the Remote (project) Teams – communication, collaboration and engagement
- Country specific information – Ongoing knowledge development
Other in-house topics and modules that deliver outcomes:
- Cultural Capability and Competencies
- Applying Intercultural Communication
- Dispersed Team and Shared Goals
- Business Across Cultures
- Leadership Across Cultures
- Outsourcing and Off-Shoring
Or contact us to discuss your requirements.